Fast links: | Charities We Support |
Links - Charities We Support
Ashley Lauren Foundation
The goal of the Ashley Lauren Foundation is to ease the journey when pediatric cancer is diagnosed by providing:
- Direct Financial Assistance (household services lost in a crisis situation, bills and medications not paid through medical insurance, traveling expenses to and from hospitals, funeral expenses, etc.)
- Material Assisance (food, clothing, household items)
- Emotional Support (for the entire family)
- Support groups (to form a sense of community through opportunities to meet others who are also struggling with pediatric cancer)
- Parties for the Children
- Birthday and Holiday Gifts for the Children
- Anything else that is needed to make their lives easier.
We do not fund research but rather are "in the trenches" with these families as they cope with the daily battle of pediatric cancer.http://www.ashleylaurenfoundation.org
Someone Special Needs You
At Someone Special Needs You, we provide a social, recreational and creative outlet where children with Special Needs can express themselves. We also serve as a support system for families with Special Needs children.http://www.ssny.org/
We are located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Started by parents and local community leaders, Someone Special Needs You was a result of their concern for the lack of social activities provided for handicapped children. The founders also wanted to help families with handicapped children find a place where they could come together and share ideas and common concerns regarding Special Needs children and their role in our schools and in our society.