CNBA APRIL GENERAL MEETING- April 8, 2020- Zoom Conference Call
IN REMOTE ATTENDANCE: Dino Nicoletta, Vito Viola, Tara Buss, Glen Delakian, Alfonso Saverino, Oliver Guminski, Greg Calderaro, Kymberly Mate, Sue Fitzpatrick, JP Bartolomeo Township Committee Liaison
- Dino led the Pledge of Allegiance
- We have suffered a loss here at the CNBA- Colonel Samuel Fuoco, USA, Retired Army who died due to complications of COVID-19 on the morning of April 3, 2020. He was 71. After a distinguished career in the United States Army, COL Fuoco never stopped serving the Army with his volunteer efforts supporting Active Duty Military, Veterans and their Families. COL Fuoco’s selfless service is an inspiration to all and a beacon of light especially during this Pandemic which took his life. We ask that you honor and remember his life with an act of kindness for the Veterans he loved so much.
Cards can be sent to his beloved family:
1 Heath Street
Eatontown, NJ 07724
We pause for a moment of silence…
- Dino introduced the officers on the call
- A motion to approve the February Minutes 1st Sue Fitzpatrick, 2nd Glen Delakian
- Treasurer’s report: As is April 8, 2020
Investor’s Bank Checking: $10,926.71
Investor’s Money Market: $ 5,611.69
Paypal: $ 0
Deposits in Transit $ 500.00
- A motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report 1st Richard Yeager, 2nd Glen Delakian
- The Colts Neck Community Church is doing an initiative amid the COVID pandemic to put together boxes- please see information at the end of the minutes on how you can help
- Green Leaf Pet Resort, both in Millstone Twp and Oakhurst are offering free doggie day care to hospital workers- please see information at the end of the minutes or visit website at https://www.greenleafpetresort.com/ . Thank you to Vito Cardinale for your support of the front line workers
- A difficult decision has been made to cancel the luncheon that was scheduled for March 24, 2020 at Trump National Golf Club. A letter was posted on the CNBA website from the executive board:
We hope this message is finding you and your families in good health and spirits. We are currently living in unprecedented times. Never before have our businesses, our families and our nation had to adjust so rapidly and dramatically on such a monumental scale – it is remarkable and encouraging to see.
Out of an abundance of priorities focused on the safety of our CNBA family and our local communities and after much consideration, the CNBA Executive Board along with guidance and input from the Township Committee have decided to postpone our 2020 CNBA Annual Luncheon to the Spring 2021. All ticket monies and program advertisers and sponsorships will be honored.
Furthermore, we have decided to focus our efforts, energies and excitement towards our largest outdoor community event – The ANNUAL COLTS NECK FIREWORKS EXTRAVAGANZA scheduled for Friday July 3. Luncheon sponsors may choose to apply their monetary commitments to this event which draws THOUSANDS of spectators from many local towns.
As we look ahead, the CNBA is here to offer any assistance possible with the vast network that we have built and nurtured over the many years. As it is in community that bonds and strength come, and the CNBA is committed to be a platform on which we all can rely, share and not only survive, but thrive. We thank everyone for your support and if we can help in anyway, please reach out to your board and advisers. Please stay safe and healthy.
- The CNBA will be focusing all efforts on the July 3rd We hope that sponsors of the luncheon are willing to move sponsorship to this new venue. We will still honor Tom Orgo at this event. We are still accepting additional sponsorship and vendor tables for this event which is attended by and reaches thousands of people both in Colts Neck and surrounding areas. The expense of the fireworks themselves is $7,500.00, so we are hoping businesses can step up to help sponsor. We put out a mailer for this event and will be creating a booklet where advertisers and sponsors will be listed. The event has decorations, the community band, vendor tables, apple pie contest, food trucks, 50/50, and of course an amazing fireworks display.
- The April card exchange has been cancelled
- August Card exchange is occurring on August 18, 2020 in conjunction with the Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA) at the Trump National Golf Club
- Update from JP Bartolomeo: In town there are currently 40 cases- no deaths have been reported of Colts Neck residents. If you test positive, the board of health, police, and/or first responders will respond at your home to assess who you have been in contact with… then contact tracing begins. If you have been in contact with one of these individuals, you will be notified and then it is up to you to reach out to your healthcare provider for further follow-up and testing. There has been no clustering occurring of cases in town. State and County parks are closed. Colts Neck parks are not being closed, social distancing is important, and police are enforcing social distancing. We are open for business- town hall is open, but not in person. All meetings are becoming Zoom compliant. EMS and Fire Department are on a need to go basis. Many businesses and restaurants are open- please visit the township’s website for the updated list. Following the minutes is a list of take out restaurants in town.
- From Gateway National Recreation Area (Facebook page): Effective immediately, Sandy Hook will be closed to all park visitors until further notice. We will notify the public when we resume full operations and provide updates on our website, nps.gov/gate, and social media channels.
- From Dennis Blazak, Community Plans and Liaison Officer, Naval Weapons Station Earle: The naval station remains open and fully mission capable, although many personnel are teleworking and all maintain social distancing to minimize the spread of COVID-19. The NWS Earle Facebook page is updated regarding operations during the pandemic; https://www.facebook.com/NWSEarleNJ
- A discussion was had surrounding Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Relief funds
- Speakers: Luci Del Monte (Vice President Retail Branch Manager) Manasquan Bank (Located at 330 Route 34 | Colts Neck, NJ | 07722 (P: 732.810.1905; LDelMonte@Manasquan.bank), James (Manasquan Bank as well), Al Saverino (Financial Planning), Gregory Calderaro (Financial Planning), Richard Yaeger (Insurance),
- SBA loans rolled out a 340 billion-dollar loans to small businesses (500 employees or less). Rules are evolving. SBA application is rolled out. Small banks are very busy, 50 million dollars, James stated that he believes Congress will not let the money run out. The program started April 3rd. Intending to get money back in the hands of employees. Businesses need to provide payroll records, average monthly payroll, multiply by 2 ½ and a few other factors determine your eligibility. 8 weeks after dispersing the loan may be forgiven, based upon some specific criteria. The goal is to get the economy charged up. All branches are drive through. Helpful documents are all posted to the Manasquan Bank website as well. Manasquan.bank.
- What if a business is new and hasn’t done a tax return- you can provide a profit and loss statement as long as you were in business as of February 15, 2020; Seasonal businesses are affected as well. They are prioritizing- so go to primary banking relationships. Do not file more than one application- 2 applications may be considered a disqualifying even.
- Business interruption insurance. This was not a qualifying incident- viruses are excluded. However, on Feb 2, 2020, they started to work on applications to work on limited duration. Cost hasn’t been determined. Cost will most likely be too expensive. However, what can you do now- contact your insurance provider- rates need to be adjusted to lower premiums if your business has been affected. Some are offering discounts on personal auto insurance. They are providing the ability to change from driving for work to driving for personal use. You need to be patient. The government is waiting to see if they can fund insurance companies to cover the costs.
- Idle grant program through the SBA. You can submit directly to SBA.
- NJEAA- sold out Terms can be over 30 years. 7-10 business days from when you apply you hear back.
- Al answered- do we pay tax on stimulus- it is not taxable if it is forgiven. Stimulus checks will be nontaxable! You will not owe more money if you get a stimulus tax. Unemployment is taxable! Remember to keep this in mind. Unemployment for self-employment, as of yesterday, there has been no guidance to the states on how to administer. 1099, sole proprietors- there will be stimulus, it will just take longer.
- Single member LLC with an EIN and S-corp can apply for PPP by April 10th
- 25% forgivable can be attributable for anything other than payroll. At least 75% needs to be towards payroll. 1% interest rate, 6 month deferable. No personal guarantees needed.
- If your bank has not provided yet- some are holding the application. Limited applications available. Loans need to be closed in 5 days.
- American express is offering loans (Collateral free funds 3,500 to 75,000 available) to preapproved business customers. In addition, they have a personal loan program through the American Express Bank Go to American express.com or call 855-531-2364 for more information on small business loans.
- No current updates
- March 24th – Trump Luncheon cancelled
- April 21st – Card Exchange at the distillery (88 people max) cancelled, will be rescheduled for October
- July 3rd – Fireworks
- August 18th – Joint Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA) network event at Trump
- September – Pig Roast
- October – Card exchange
|COLTS NECK TAKE OUT LIST|
|Colts Neck Inn||6 Route 537||732-462-0383||3pm – 8pm Wed.-Sat.||Take Out:
coltsneckinn.com for menu
|Colts Neck Pizza||943 Route 34||732-332-0530||11am- 8pm Mon.-Sat. 11am – 6pm Sunday||Take Out|
|Delicious Orchards||320 Route 34||732-462-1989||Store Hours 9:30-6pm Tues.-Sun. 10am-3pm drive up prepack boxes||www.deliciousrochardsnj.com
Mail Orders 8am-4:30 pm M-F
|Dunkin Donuts||Route 34||732-431-0176||5 am-5pm Sun-Sat.||Take Out|
|Gianni’s Pizzeria||Orchards Plaza 340 Route 34||732-431-4733||11am -10pm Mon.-Sat. 12-9pm Sunday||Take Out & Delivery
|Huddy’s Inn||206 Route 537||72-431–194||11am-7:15pm Mon.-Sun.||TakeOut
See Facebook for Specials
|Orlando’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria||Colts Neck Shopping Center 420 Route 34||732-577-8808||11am-8pm Sun.- Sat.||Take Out & Delivery
Colts Neck Community Church invites the community to participate in:
ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IN NEED OF ONE OF THESE BOXES?
Who: Anyone wishing to help those in need in the community during the COVID-19 pandemic…
What: A weekend of “Gathering Gifts to Give” will provide an opportunity for you to safely drop off items to benefit those in need and in crisis settings (shut-ins, hospital and senior care workers, doctors, nurses, first responders, etc.) during this COVID-19 pandemic.
When: Saturday, April 18 from 10:00am-2:00pm and Sunday, April 19 from Noon-4:00pm
Where: Drop-Off Only! Colts Neck Community Church Parking Lot (25Merchants Way, Colts Neck, NJ 07722) Suggested Items for donation: Gift cards for stores or on-line services that sell groceries or useful products. Any extra paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins), antibacterial soap, masks, gloves, hand sanitizer you may have, as well as non-perishable food items (No canned goods please). Special Note: Medical supplies will be distributed to local doctors and healthcare professionals. Alternate ways to give: If you prefer to give from your own home, you can mail a check or donate through the church’s on-line giving site: coltsneckchurch.com/giving Choose “Gathering Gifts to Give” when prompted to choose a fund. Checks mailed to Colts Neck Community Church, please note “GTG” on your check so that 100% of your gift will be dedicated to this mission. Distribution: The following weekend, April 25-26, volunteers* will be in place to pack boxes for individuals in two categories: 1) “Support Gift” for those who have fallen on difficult financial times due to COVID-19. 2) “Encouragement Gift” for those that are on the front lines medically caring for those in need and who would benefit from encouragement and appreciation at this time. Colts Neck Community Church invites the community to participate in: ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IN NEED OF ONE OF THESE BOXES? Please let us know by emailing the name & address information to: Gatheringtogive@gmail.com Gifts will be distributed as donated quantities and funds will allow. Gathering Gifts to Give *All volunteer shifts will be limited to 10 or less persons at a time.