CNBA JULY GENERAL MEETING
July 8, 2020
Zoom Conference Call
IN ATTENDANCE: Dino Nicoletta, Vito Viola, Tara Buss, Glen Delakian, Alfonso Saverino, Greg Calderaro, Leanne Luccarelli, Anna Appolonia, Sue Fitzpatrick, Michael Viola (in for JP Bartolomeo) Township Committee Liaison
• Assemblywoman Serena Dimaso led the Pledge of Allegiance
• Dino introduced the officers on the call
• A motion to approve the June Minutes 1st Richard Yaeger, 2nd Glen Delakian
• Treasurer’s report: As of June 10, 2020
Investor’s Bank Checking: 8,564.59
Investor’s Money Market: 16,612.39
Deposits in Transit 0.00
Outstanding Checks – 2,000.00
TOTAL: $ 23,176.98
• A motion to approve the June Treasurer’s Report 1st Daniel Cardellechio, 2nd Richard Yaeger
• August Card exchange is occurring on August 18, 2020 in conjunction with the Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA) at the Trump National Golf Club. Members are free. Non-members are $20 cash/check
• On August 28th there will be a Day at the Races at Monmouth Park. Anna Appolonia spoke of this evening event in conjunction with the Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA). It will be a lot of fun and an outdoor event.
• The CNBA will be focusing all efforts on the Polo match at Bucks Mill Park scheduled for September 13th- in conjunction with CN rec and CNBA as sponsors. We came to develop sponsorship opportunities. Two presenting sponsorships were sold already (World Jeep and Carol Stillwell). $20. General Admission (under 12 free). Tailgate special ($200 per car- up to #4 people). Delicious Orchards is sponsoring a team. There is a program book for advertising. There will be entertainment, awards (best tailgate, best hat), bleachers, $20. We used to have it for 10 years… bringing it back.
• Monmouth County will be having a grant program for Small businesses with less than 50 employees. More information coming out next week.
• Welcome Assemblywoman Serena Dimaso who will be speaking about the state of Monmouth County during these challenging times. She encourages businesses to reach out to her for thoughts and ideas. She is asking the businesses to tweet, Facebook, and reach out to the Governor to talk about what you need and what you are not happy with. Thank you, Assemblywoman Dimaso.
• Update from Michael Viola: Township Committee meeting moved to July 15, 2020 due to a light agenda. The affordable housing obligation was endorsed by the judge. November 18th is the next date to make sure the town has complied. The Township Budget has been approved- Flat tax for the second year in a row? Road projects starting in a few weeks. Townhall is open with social distancing in place. Thank you to the County Board of Chosen Freeholders that received COVID funds. Colts Neck has already received its reimbursement, so no tax payer funds will be used for COVID-related expenses. Police department moved over to first aid- going smoothly. Following along with COVID guidelines right now.
• Membership: 243 Members
• August 18th – Joint EIPA network event at Trump ($20 cash or check, free to members)
• August 28th – Day at the Races
• September 13, 2020 – Polo Competition in conjunction with CN Rec Department (Rain date is 9/20)
• October –Pig Roast TBD
• December 9th General Meeting Breakfast at Trump National Golf Club 8am