CNBA JULY GENERAL MEETING
September 9, 2020
Zoom Conference Call
Dino Nicoletta, Tara Buss, Glen Delakian, Anna Appolonia Gregory Calderaro, Leanne Luccarelli, Kymberly Mate, Sue Fitzpatrick, JP Bartolomeo- Township Committee Liaison
• Dino led the Pledge of Allegiance
• Dino introduced the officers on the call
• A motion to approve the August Minutes 1st Gregory Calderaro, 2nd Richard Yaeger
• Treasurer’s report: As of September 2, 2020
A huge thank you to Alfonso Saverino for his work as Treasurer. Due to his growing business, Al is stepping down as Treasurer. We are currently looking for a Treasurer, if you or anyone you know is interested, please reach out to Dino Nicoletta at email@example.com
Investor’s Bank Checking: $ 9,195.62
Investor’s Money Market: $ 16,613.29
Deposits in Transfer $ 2,190.00
PayPal: $ 0
TOTAL: $ 27,998.91
• Delicious Orchards 2,000.00
• Huddys Inn 2000.00
• Zagami 280.00
• Prior Sponsorship 2,750.00
A motion to approve the August Treasurer’s Report 1st Gregory Calderaro, 2nd Richard Yaeger
• Update from JP Bartolomeo: July and August slows down a little bit in the Township. The storm/brush clean-up is underway. We are removing brush (not tree removal service). Paving is being done on Heullitt and Bucks Mill Road (the County has funded some of these pass-through roads. JP and Sue Fitzpatrick are the liaisons to the schools. The schools have done an amazing job. The schools were noted as having one of the best COVID reopening plans in the County. The Mayor and Township Committee of Colts Neck Township Cordially Invite You to Attend: A Remembrance Ceremony In Honor of the 19th Anniversary of September 11th To Be Held September 11, 2020 6:30 pm at the Memorial Garden Between Town Hall and the Court House, 124 Cedar Drive, Colts Neck, NJ. The event will be 15-30 minutes in length. Please come show support and respect.
• Ribbon cutting at Manasquan Bank. CEO was there. James S. Vaccaro, CEO and President attended this wonderful showing
• On August 28th there was a Day at the Races at Monmouth Park. This evening event was done in conjunction with the Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA). It was a lot of fun. Thank you to Anna Appolonia for coordinating the event.
• On September 19th, The Colts Neck Lions Club will be hosting a grand opening event 10am, September 19th Thank you to Justin Lotano for helping coordinate.
• The CNBA Polo match at Bucks Mill Park scheduled for September 13th- in conjunction with CN rec and CNBA as sponsors (September 20th is the Rain Date). THE EVENT IS SOLD OUT!!! Tote bags will be given out to sponsors and VIPs. Passes will be given out. The team sponsors are Huddy’s and Delicious Orchards. We will be honoring the police on this day as well. There is a program book for advertising. There will be entertainment, awards (best tailgate, best hat), bleachers (but attendees are encouraged to bring chairs, water and food. We need volunteers- help Saturday and Sunday morning (fencing erected, judging hat and tailgate competition, parking, checking people in) Please contact Sue Fitzpatrick at 908-618-1970, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CNBA Pig Roast will be held- Wednesday October 14 6-8pm. It will be held at the Pebble Creek Golf Club outdoor covered pavilion. $35 per ticket, $40 at the door. It will be a wonderful event- get tickets early before they sell out. Tickets will be available
• Welcome to Michelle N. Siekerka, Esq. President and CEO of NJBIA NJ Business and Industry Association. Represent over 12,000 small businesses.
Our Vision for New Jersey
New Jersey will reclaim its stature as the innovation state; the home of economic vitality, business prosperity, workforce skill excellence and a great quality of life so that NJBIA members can grow and sustain.
NJBIA exists to advance the competitive excellence and financial success of our members by:
• Delivering member value through essential information and services.
• Championing a competitive business climate, both locally and globally.
• Facilitating partnerships among business, government and academia.
The New Jersey Business & Industry Association provides information, services and advocacy to its member companies to build a more prosperous New Jersey. We are the nation’s largest statewide employer association. Our members employ more than one million people.
Founded in 1910, as the New Jersey Manufacturers Association, this organization began as a group of manufacturers sharing ideas about workplace safety. In addition, they also want to have a say in government policies affecting their businesses. The Association later formed New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance to protect their members with workers compensation insurance.
Entering the last 25 years of the 20th century, the makeup of its membership changed dramatically. For this reason, the Association changed its name to the New Jersey Business & Industry Association in the mid-1970s. Today, our members represent every industry in the State. This includes contractors, manufacturers, retail and wholesale businesses, and service providers of every kind.
NJBIA is widely regarded as the most credible and effective advocate for business in the Garden State. Our headquarters at 10 West Lafayette Street in Trenton is strategically located near the State Capitol. Our staff of government affairs experts testify frequently before the Legislature and state agencies to protect the interests of our members. In addition to powerful advocacy, we also provide member companies with practical information and a number of money-saving benefits to help make the Garden State’s businesses prosperous.
Link to the website: https://njbia.org/
• None at this time
• September 13, 2020 – Polo Competition in conjunction with CN Rec Department (Rain date is 9/20)
• October 14th – Pig Roast at Pebble Creek Golf Club 6pm
• December 9th General Meeting Breakfast at Trump National Golf Club 8am